"....Your children shall be like olive plants all around your table." Psalm 128:3

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Crash!

Happy Sunday, friends! I hope you are having a lovely Lord's Day.
I have been awol for the past week. There has been so much that I have wanted to share about last week- our first week of school. The week came in not with a bang, but a crash...as in the hard drive on our newest laptop, which we bought in April of last year, crashed on Monday morning.
Now, we have Kindles and an old pre-historic laptop that operates at will, but all of my AO bookmarks were on the newer laptop! Ack! And being the techy illiterate person that I am, I googled how the laptop was acting -or not- to diagnose the problem. After some research, I guessed it was the hard drive. So the next day, I dropped it off at the local computer fixer upper and he confirmed it was the hard drive. He performed the necessary surgery a couple of days later, and I am going to pick it up tomorrow. But all of my bookmarks, photos, downloads..basically everything is lost!! Ugh!!
I am trying to remember "in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." (1 Thess. 5:18) But sometimes it's hard to be thankful when things go wrong, isn't it? *sigh*
Anyhoo, I am posting this using my phone, so please forgive any grammatical  and spelling errors. I have never done a blog post on my phone before. But desperate times call for desperate measures, right? ;)
I hope to post about our first week of school sometime this week.
Until then, have a blessed week!  :)






10 comments:

  1. Oh no!! This makes me think I should back things up on my PC more often than I do--which is never!

    I wonder if the things you save in Evernote can be retrieved if your PC crashes? Do you use Evernote? I *try* but I think there's a bit of a learning curve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried Evernote, Catie. But I have learned my lesson; next time I will back everything up!

      Delete
  2. Yikes! So sorry about all your stuff lost! FRUSTRATING! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely frustrating..and a very hard way to learn a lesson about how important it is to back everything up. Now to find someone who can show me how to do that. :)

      Delete
  3. I am very sorry, Lisa! It is so frustrating that they aren't making electronic devices to last anymore. Each day that our Kindle Fire works I am grateful. We bought it in February I hope it lasts at least 3 years. It has been very handy.

    Praying for a smoother week for you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks.so much for the prayers, dear friend. I am keeping you and yours in my daily prayerd as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I feel your pain! Our computer crashed a couple of months ago and we hadn't had it two years. A man my husband works with fixes computers on the side and he said he would work on it. So we left it with him...AND THEN...he lost it! Seriously! And I hadn't backed anything up either - boatloads of pictures and homeschool stuff. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, Angela! How could he lose a computer?
      Ours is back and working great, but now I am having issues with my camera card and can't copy pics to the computer!! And I was hoping to post about our first week of school. Ugh! The fun never ends around here! ;)

      Delete
  6. Hope things are up and running now for you computer and lesson wise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ma,
      We are up and running, but I am too busy to post an update! Maybe this week-end. Hope you are having a lovely week! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love to hear from my readers, and your thoughts are welcome. And I try my best to respond to each and every comment. :)