Ten Ways to a Raise a Fool in 2012
- Teach your child God does not exist and therefore no moral absolutes exist. Whatever your child feels like doing is the right choice.
- Spend as little time as possible with your child.
- Raise your child to believe the chief aim in life is to please himself so give him anything he wants.
- Do not teach your child to read.
- Do not discipline your child in any way so as not to hurt his/her psyche. Never make your child do anything, especially work.
- Let your child get his worldview from any source other than the Bible.
- Since moral absolutes do not exist(see #1), set no standards in your home.
- Allow all influences into the life of your child--he has to learn to sink or swim.
- Show no affection or praise.
- Last, but not least, set an example by living your life only to please yourself.
Dear friends, I know these words are sharp, but how often do we fall prey to the lies above? The current thinking in our culture would not have a problem with most of this list, as a matter of fact, most of it would be acceptable or even encouraged. But if we're going to raise a generation of young people who live and act differently than fools, we've got to think differently. So my real advice to you is this: Do the opposite of the list you see above!
"The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God." Psalm 14:1
"...But a child who gets his own way brings shame to his mother." Proverbs 29:15
May we all purpose to raise godly children in the coming year!
Have a blessed day,