"....Your children shall be like olive plants all around your table." Psalm 128:3

Monday, October 20, 2014

Our Newest Student

Good Monday morning, friends,

Some of you may remember my post from a couple of years ago about our homeschool chick. Definitely not your typical, run-of-the-mill kind of student.  :) But it was so much fun having him in the schoolroom every day........ until he got too big and had to be put outside with his feathered friends.

Fast forward two years...


One day last week, Ian brought his pet snake, Samson, upstairs where we were having school. He tried to hold him up to show me how long he is getting...
But Samson wouldn't stretch out and co-operate. He just wanted to curl around Ian's arm to get warm.  :)


So Ian walked over to the table with him, and we made a shocking discovery: we found out that Samson loves reading Aesop's Fables on the Kindle!   Who would have guessed?  ;)

Happy homeschooling!


Sharing with Caroline.

6 comments:

  1. LOL! My last encounter with a black snake was in my old hen house. He stretched from ground to well above my husband's 6'3' height. He was feasting on eggs! Not good! I wonder what he's thinking, staring at that screen?! ☺
    Enjoy your week ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't care for them in my hen house either, Anne. Thankfully, Samson's diet consists of frozen rats only. :)
      Blessings,
      Lisa

      Delete
  2. Hahaha, that is so funny. Sorry, I do not like snakes at all -- God was good not to give me any sons. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good, indeed, dear Jane. I have a had a snake-phobia since I was a child. But my hubby has always been fascinated with snakes, hence my boys' love for them. So I decided "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em." :)

      Delete
  3. Most of our snakes are venemous. I don't fear them like I used to because I know more about them now but am still very cautious. Thanks for your kind words on my post a little while ago, Lisa. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol,
    Most of our snakes are non-venomous, thankfully. However, our oldest son (who is 31) occasionally handles venomous snakes: he re-locates them to less populated areas. Thankfully, Ian isn't interested in that - yet. :)
    Hope you are doing well and adjusting to your brother's passing.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love to hear from my readers, and your thoughts are welcome. And I try my best to respond to each and every comment. :)