"....Your children shall be like olive plants all around your table." Psalm 128:3

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Years ago...

I have often said how I long for the "good ol' days" when life was simpler.

Days when...

....instead of teachers, parents and grandparents.

....instead of friends, siblings and cousins.

....instead of neighbors, aunts and uncles.

....instead of a random neighborhood, a community of brethren.

....instead of kindergarten and school, homeschooling.

....instead of the nursing home, family.

....instead of the office, the garden and barn.

....instead of being all over town all day, staying at home.

....instead of going out for dinner, homegrown, homecooked meals.

....instead of the public pool, the backyard creek.

....instead of organized sports,  farm life and family fun.

....instead of a movie theater, a good book.

....instead of a facebook wall post, a private letter or card.

....instead of shopping at the mall, sewing and knitting.

....instead of blogging, a diary.

....instead of sharing thoughts on the internet, sharing thoughts with the family.

....instead of family movie night, family devotions.


"Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Cor. 10:31

Have a blessed day,








linked up at  www.raisingmightyarrows.com
                                                  www.theimperfecthousewife.com
                                                  www.homemaker-by-choice.com
                                                  www.aboverubies.net
                                                  www.deeprootsathome.com
                                                  www.raisinghomemakers.com

6 comments:

  1. I can see what you mean by simpler but your list sounds sooooooooooo much richer! [o= Yes we need to count our blessings and name them one by one. And how blessed we truly are.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post!

    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this post. I want to print it in beautiful font on pretty stationary and frame it on my wall as a reminder!
    Thank you and blessings to you,
    Rashel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't agree more!!
    Well said!
    What a different world we live in nowdays :-(
    blessings..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such truth in these simple words, Lisa! you captured my thoughts much more clearly that I could have :) Thank you, thank you for sharing this kind of encouragement and direct, but not 'in your face' exhortation. There are many who come to read that I know are not yet believers in Jesus, but are hungry to know more! And I, too, am blessed :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love to hear from my readers, and your thoughts are welcome. And I try my best to respond to each and every comment. :)