"....Your children shall be like olive plants all around your table." Psalm 128:3

Thursday, February 15, 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook - February, 2018



For today....

looking out my window, it's sunny and warmer than the typical February morning: 54 degrees!

I am thinking about my day, and thankful for a quiet day at home with no errands to run.

I am thankful for the children's recovery from the virus they have been battling. Not the flu, but it's been a stubborn sickness to get rid of.

One of my favorite things is spending time in the Word early in the morning before the children wake up.

I am still working a cross-stitch project: a butterfly book mark to give to my mom.

I am wearing jeans, a blue floral print thermal long-sleeve shirt, and insulated socks. In spite of the warmer temps, I am very cold-natured. Hence, the long sleeves and socks.  :)

I am reading a book written by David Livingstone, about his adventures in Africa. His quotes are excellent; I have been jotting them down in my commonplace notebook.

I am hoping to find a local cake decorating class for Natalie. She baked a beautiful heart cake for Valentine's Day, which also happens to be her oldest sister's birthday.  :)

In my kitchen, I am loving my new Vitamix blender! It is so much more powerful than my Ninja blender was.

In our school room, Ian is in his second semester of his first year of college. He made the Dean's List last semester, and was invited to join the Alpha Beta Omega chapter of the Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society. The induction ceremony was on Sunday evening.  (See photo below.) Proud Mama right here!  :)  
The four youngers have just finished their second term of AO, and are doing their exams today and tomorrow. 

In my garden, I am already thinking about planting peas. I can't wait to start digging in the dirt.

One of my all-time favorite quotes: 

"God whispers to us in our pleasure,
speaks to us in our conscience,
but shouts in our pain;
it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world."
~ C.S. Lewis
The Problem of Pain






6 comments:

  1. It is nice to hear from you! And I have a daughter with a Valentine’s birthday too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Amber! I have neglected my blog lately, but it's good to be back. Thanks for stopping by, and happy belated birthday to your Valentine daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you and your son on his college success! You have a right to be a proud mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Elena!And thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on a job well done, Lisa - both you & your son!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you,Carol. Hope all is well with you and your family. ❤

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love to hear from my readers, and your thoughts are welcome. And I try my best to respond to each and every comment. :)